The Law Society of NSW is Australia's largest and most influential membership association for solicitors. We're not all lawyers, but we work together to support the legal profession and ensure a just society for all.
The Law Society operates a range of digital services that are continually growing. which assist with supporting and regulating the legal profession. As such the applications are design to be easier to use whilst having a strong focus on security at multiple layers.
The IT Development and Support Analyst role is primarily focused on creating and maintaining front-end and back-end applications. The Society focus is to develop applications in an Azure Application Services to minimise the use of servers and server operating systems. Applications should be designed so they can be used where required across a range of products the Society offers.
Support the application services and key configuration of the base platform that impacts the application performance and security.
- The role core focus is around .Net / C# focused on Azure app services and related Azure products.
- Use various web programming skills where required for front end design.
- Create web forms / portals taking into account business requirements and end user experience.
- Carry out application bug fixes on Azure app services and other technologies.
- Help set the architectural application design and development standards
- Constantly review the application stability, security and look to challenge the current design and recommend changes as necessary.
- Application module / programs and services should be accessible only through a secure and designed interface e.g. web service, API, etc.
- Application development process should focus on reusable modules minimising duplicate code in the wider Society’s portfolio
- Application resilience should be considered to ensure failures minimise the impact to user experience and risk to the overall business process
- Assist in problem management & incident handling processes.
- Support the IT and business strategy and Compliance requirements
- Provide Level 2 / 3 application support when required
- Provide Application-Level Availability and Capacity management
- Improve availability by identifying and removing any single point of failures which could impact day to day operations
- Capacity should meet current and future predicted needs
- Application Layer Event management
- Work on an application maintenance plan to ensure that code remains aligned to best practise for support and security.
- Maintain and update all technical and user documentation owned by the team.
- Continual review of the current services to ensure that the services provide Enterprise class services
- Key role in the Service Transition
- Assist the with IT overall change management
- Assist with the execution of implementation plans
- Ensure correct documentation is provided for all systems / service changes
- Support a collaborative and progressive team environment
- Standardise and highlight improvements to services
- Providing and maintain troubleshooting support and knowledge sharing across IT
Even if you don't fully meet these requirements, we encourage you to apply - our team are supportive and will support the reasonable development of the successful candidate.
- Tertiary qualifications in IT
- 5+ years’ working with C#, .Net
- 3+ years in Azure App services
- 2+ years in Azure B2C and related Azure products
- 2+ years in Azure DevOps
- 3+ years in HTML/CSS/JS and SQL
- 2+ years in SharePoint
- Strong Knowledge of API design and building services
- Ability to produce Web Architecture Maps and documentation
- Good working knowledge of application architecture, development technologies
- Understand emerging technologies and IT Security products
- Experience in implementing and changing IT policies and processes
- Troubleshooting of web server technical problems
The Law Society of New South Wales is committed to building and maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace, appointing the best person for the role and supporting diversity.
Full, ongoing working rights in Australia are required to undertake this position.