The Law Society of NSW is Australia's largest and most influential membership association for solicitors. We're not all lawyers, but we work together to support the legal profession and ensure a just society for all.
We are currently looking for an IT Development & Support Analyst to join our IT team.
About the role
The IT Development and Support Analyst is primarily focused on creating and maintaining front-end and back-end applications. The focus is to develop applications in Azure Application Services to minimise the use of servers and server operating systems.
You will be working with the project manager and/or business analysts to architect and deliver high quality, resilient and secure services that deliver critical services both internally and to the wider legal profession. You will provide support to existing applications/code in the production environment and work with the operational team to resolve bugs/code changes that have been identified.
This role focuses on ensuring the highest level of security is applied to existing and new code, follows all governance standards, and looks to continually challenge and grow architectural and development standards.
What you'll be doing
- Support the application services and key configuration of the base platform that impacts the application performance and security.
- Core focus is around .Net / C# on Azure app services and related Azure products.
- Use various web programming skills where required for front end design.
- Create web forms/portals taking into account business requirements and end user experience.
- Carry out application bug fixes on Azure app services and other technologies.
- Help set the architectural application design and development standards.
- Constantly review the application stability, security and look to challenge the current design and recommend changes as necessary.
- Assist in problem management & incident handling processes.
- Support the IT and business strategy and compliance requirements.
- Provide Level 2/3 application support when required.
- Provide Application-Level Availability and Capacity management.
- Improve availability by identifying and removing any single point of failures which could impact day to day operations.
- Application Layer Event management.
- Work on an application maintenance plan to ensure that code remains aligned to best practice for support and security.
- Maintain and update all technical and user documentation owned by the team.
- Continual review of the current services to ensure that the services provide Enterprise class services.
- Play a key role in the Service Transition.
- Assist with IT overall change management and the execution of implementation plans.
- Ensure correct documentation is provided for all systems/service changes.
- Support a collaborative and progressive team environment.
- Standardise and highlight improvements to services.
- Provide and maintain troubleshooting support and knowledge sharing across IT.
- Tertiary degree in Computing Science or similar.
- 5+ years’ working with C#, .Net.
- 3+ years in Azure App services.
- 2+ yeas in Azure B2C and related Azure products and Azure DevOps.
- 3+ years in HTML/CSS/JS and SQL.
- 2+ years in SharePoint.
- Strong Knowledge of API design and building services.
- Ability to produce Web Architecture Maps and documentation.
- Good working knowledge of application architecture, development technologies.
- Understand emerging technologies and IT Security products.
- Experience in implementing and changing IT policies and processes.
- Troubleshooting of web server technical problems.
- Proven problem solving ability and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong customer service and expectation management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
- High degree of personal and professional integrity and able to maintain confidentiality.
- ‘Can do’ attitude with the willingness to further develop skills.
The Law Society of New South Wales is committed to building and maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace, appointing the best person for the role and supporting diversity.
Applications should contain a CV and cover letter that outlines your key experience and motivations for this role.